Department of Computer Science,
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India.
Email: sanjay159064 [AT] st.jmi.ac.in
Hi! My name is Sanjay, and I am a PhD student at the Department of Computer Science, Jamia Millia Islamia. I love using the knowledge of Biology and apply my bioinformatics skills in order to study the biological systems. For more information, please check my Research Gate profile.
Academic awards and Distinctions
- National Eligibility Test for Lectureship in Life Sciences with an All India rank of 37 by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research in 2013.
- 90 percentile in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2014, Biotechnology conducted by Indian Institute of Technology.
- Science Slam, Ahmedabad 2013, for Oral Presentation by German House for Research and Innovation.
- Alam, M. J., Kumar, S., Singh, V., & Singh, R. B. (2015). Bifurcation in Cell Cycle Dynamics Regulated by p 53. PloS one, 10(6), e0129620.
- Singh A., Sanjay, Kawatra, V. K. and Singh I. K. (2014). Structural and functional analysis of Hevein-like Protein in Arabidopsis thaliana. Int. J. of Biotech and Bioengineering Research, 5(1), 65-75
Courses Studied during Pre-PhD
- Research Methodology
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Literature Review
- Research Fellow (Running Duration; October, 2015-Now)
Supervisor: Dr. Khalid Raza, Assistant Professor Department of Computer Science, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
Project: Targeting novel Cancer Testis antigens, SPAG-9 and AKAP-4 as an anti-Cancer drug target through an In silico approach against various Cancer Cell lines.
Responsibilities: Using Cancer testis expression as a novel therapeutic target against cancer chemotherapy and antigen prediction as a combinatorial means of Cancer cure.
- DST Project Fellow (One Year tenure, April, 2014- March, 2015)
Supervisor: Dr. Archana Singh, Assistant Professor, Hans Raj College
Co-Supervisor: Dr. Indrakant Singh, Assistant Professor, Deshbandhu College, University of Delhi
Project: Cloning and functional characterization of Helicoverpa armigera induced Hevein-like protein from Chickpea
Responsibilities: Transcriptome data analysis of Cicer arietinum using Next-Gen sequence analysis and determining any significant response of insect infestation (Helicoverpa armigera and Spodoptera litura). Determine response of diet included Hevine-like protein on feeding behavior insects. Establishing transformed Agrobacterium having Hevine-like protein's gene. Transfection of Cicer arietinum with Hevine-like protein using transformed Agrobacterium.
- DBT Junior Research Fellow (Three Months Duration; November, 2013-Feb, 2014)
Supervisor: Dr. Uma Rao, Principal Scientist and Head Division of Nematology, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, PUSA, New Delhi
Project: Plant parasitic nematode genomics: Insilico resource development
Responsibilities: Transcriptome data analysis of nematode infected rice plants using Next-Gen sequencing and identification of the set of genes in root knot nematode responsible for assisting infection with the host plants
- Master Research Project (Six months duration; January, 2013- July, 2014)
Supervisor: Dr. R.K. Brojen Singh, Assistant Professor
School for Computational and Integretive Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Project: Effect of p53-Mdm2 module on Cell Cycle by p21 adaptor protein.
Responsibilities: Establishing mathematical model for analyzing effects of stress induced p53-Mdm2 interaction on Cell cycle components. And bifurcation analysis of Cell cycle dynamics by p53.
Oral/ Poster Presentations Delivered
- Poster presentation entitled “Recruitment of NLRP10 and NLRP12 in Lipid Raft entities following Cigarette Smoke challenge in Murine Macrophages” by D.P. Singh, K. Shen, Sanjay Kumar, X. Wu, and Sanjay Batra at 2015 Southeast Regional IDeA Meeting at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi, Mississippi, United States.
- Poster and extended paper entitled “Emergence of Nanotherapeutic agents in Cancer” by Indrakant K Singh*, Sanjay, Sujata Singh and Ajay K Arora*, in International Conference on Translational Nanomedicine, December 2014, Institute of Life Sciences, Ahmedabad University.
- Poster Presentation entitled “Bifurcation in Cell Cycle Dynamics Regulated by p53” by Sanjay Kumar, Jahoor Alam, Vikram Singh and RK Brojen Singh at National Seminar on Recent Trends in Computer Science, 2016, Department of Computer Science, New Delhi, India.
- Oral presentation on “Cell cycle regulatory model induced by p53 and its network via p21” at Science Slam-DWIH, 2013, Ahmedabad.
- Oral presentation and extended abstract entitled “Rewiring of interconnected hubs in Transcriptional Regulatory Network of Mycobacterium tuberculosis” by Sanjay and Fozail Ahmad in International Conference on Mathematical and Computational Biology-2015, IIT-Kanpur.
- Oral presentation and extended abstract entitled “Development of resistance in Malarial Vectors” by Sanjay* et al; in National Symposium on Vector Biology and Vector Management-2015, Deshbandhu College, University of Delhi.
- Extended abstract entitled “Structural Homology modeling of Aspartate transaminase [Bacillus Halodurans c-125]” by Onkar Nath, Archana Singh, Sujata Singh, Sanjay, Bharti Singal, Indrakant K Singh in International Conference on Mathematical and Computational Biology, IIT-Kanpur.
- Attended Workshop on Concepts of Immunology and Its Application by DSKC Research and Innovation in Science Education Center, Miranda House, University of Delhi.
- Attended Workshop on Gene Polymorphism and its Application by DSKC Research and Innovation in Science Education Center, Miranda House, University of Delhi.
- Attended Workshop on Mathematical and Computational Biology by Indian Institute of Science and Educational Research, Kolkata.
- Attended National Workshop on Computational Genomics & Its Applications to Plant Biology by Sub-DIC at National Institute of Plant Genome Research, New Delhi.
- Attended International Conference on Current Trends in Structural Biology in Multi-Drug Resistant Bacterial Therapeutics and Thrombosis by Department of Biophysics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- Attended International Interdisciplinary Science Conference on Protein Folding and Diseases by CIRBSc, Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Attended International Interdisciplinary Science Conference on Bioinformatics by Center for Interdisciplinary Research and Basic Science (CIRBSc), Jamia Millia Islamia.